Raising the level of service standards
Wider use range
Instant notice to cardholders for any financial operations or transactions
Raise the daily limit
Raise the daily limit value through POS from 20,000 to 200,000 Saudi Riyals through E-banking
Protection and Safety
Additional standards of protection and safety
SAIB mada card with atheer Service
Offers a fast, secure and easy way to pay by simply waving your card near a POS machine.
You can get your PIN easily through SAIB e-channels “Flexx Click” or “Flexx Touch”. For More Click Here
Higher absorbing potential
Higher absorbing potential equivalent to 7 times more than the previous generation operations.
Provide cash service
Provide cash service, which gives the customer the ability to withdraw a cash payment from the merchant up to 400 Saudi Riyals per day.
SAIB mada Card with atheer Service
It is a service that allows mada Cardholders to make payments electronically by waving or tapping the card over the POS terminal through the Near Field Communication technology at retailers who support atheer service. A single atheer transaction will have a limit up to 100 SAR and the cardholder will get an SMS alert for each transaction.
The cardholder may be occasionally asked to enter the PIN such as when your total transactions reach 300 SAR for security purposes and to reset atheer values in order to use the service again.
What is mada?
mada is the new identity of the Saudi Payment Network (SPAN) and the advanced generation of the electronic payments in Saudi Arabia. It connects all automated teller machines (ATMs) and point-of-sale (POS) terminals throughout the country to a central payment switch that in turn re-routes the financial transactions between a merchant’s bank and the card issuer bank.
What is mada card and how it works?
mada card is a mada Debit Card from The Saudi Investment Bank issued by local banks that allows a cardholder to access funds in their accounts. And it works in the same mechanism of regular ATMS cards with newer standards of security and added-value features.
What is scope of using mada?
mada can be used in all automated teller machines (ATMs) and point-of-sale (POS) terminals offered by local banks throughout the country. Additionally, it can also be used regionally and globally through connecting with other payment systems such as GCC Net, VISA, MasterCard, and American Express to provide mada cardholders with a wider acceptance locally and overseas.
What are the new features of mada cards?
- Increased daily transaction limit on POS terminals from SAR 20,000 to SAR 60,000.
- Convenience to benefit from Naqd service which allows to withdraw cash from merchants’ cash supply in outlets.
- A seven-fold enhanced capacity in comparison to the previous generation.
- An unprecedented standard of enhanced transactions speed and performance.
- A wider reach of usage.
- Instant SMS notifications to cardholders on any cash withdrawals or POS transactions.
The mada Debit Card from The Saudi Investment Bank is accepted at every terminal that displays the mada scheme mark whether it is an ATM or POS within Saudi Arabia. It is also accepted in the GCC thru GCC net.
What is the Naqd Service?
This service allows customers to request a cash amount of up to SAR 400 right at point of-sale terminals compatible with mada standards. There is no need to visit the ATM, the cash amount will be deducted directly from your personal bank account along with your purchase amount.
BANKS RETAIL CLIENTS
How can I have my new mada Debit Card from The Saudi Investment Bank?
Your bank will either replace your current SPAN card or will issue a new card ( if you currently do not have a SPAN card) upon your request.
Do I have to pay extra fees to receive my mada card?
No. The bank will issue mada card when opening a new account and renewing card free of charge in accordance to SAMA’s rules and regulations.
Is there any extra cost of using the Naqd Service?
No. The service is completely free of charge for both merchants and cardholders.
What do I do if I lose my card?
In cases where mada card is lost or stolen, contact your bank directly to report the incident and to have a new mada card issued for you.
Can I use my mada card outside KSA?
Yes. using of mada cards is permissible regionally within the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) through GCCnet, and globally when the card is co-branded with other global payment systems such as “Visa”, “MasterCard”, “Cirrus”, “Plus”, and “Maestro”.
Is there any fees on paying for purchases through POS terminals ?
No. making payments through POS terminals is completely free of charge on cardholders.
Is there a limit on the number of times to make payments through POS ?
No. No limit is set on the frequency of using your bank card as long as the accumulated amount of purchases equal or below SAR 60,000.
How can I file a claim on any POS surcharging from merchants ?
The commercial sector is supervised by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and complaints can be filed through the ministry’s website.
BANKS BUSINESS CLIENTS
What is the process to have a mada POS terminal installed in my store?
If you already provide the POS service you may contact your bank directly to upgrade it with mada standards or to enquire on when the bank will approach you to do so. If you want to provide the service for the first time, you can choose to do so through any of the banks listed under the Merchants tab.
How does mada benefit merchants and business owners?
- Benefit from the increased daily purchase limit made by cards to SAR 60,000.
- Reduction of the costs associated with cash transactions in terms of time needed to count them, validate paper notes authenticity, and need to always have smaller bank notes available.
- Limit of risks and human errors related to processes of daily inventories and revenues, and accounting bookkeeping.
- Less burden on daily cash collections processes and the hazard to transit funds and deposit it with banks.
- A better position to monitor payment inflows coming into the business and the ability to track sales transactions through different kinds of statements provided by their bank.
- High tendency for sales volumes and values to increase with the growing number of mada Debit Cards from The Saudi Investment Bank in the community.
- Speed and convenience in completing purchase transactions in connection to around the clock help service to ensure quality of service.
- Benefit from banks exclusive offers and rewards programs.
What are the types of POS connectivity available?
Depending on your business sector, your bank will tailor your POS device to suit your business needs through different connectivity options (mobile (GPRS), dial-up, Internet Protocol (IP)) and a wide choice of POS models.
After installing a POS terminal with the mada logo, will I still be able to accept payments made using SPAN mada Debit Card from The Saudi Investment Bank ?
Yes, the terminal will accept whether SPAN or mada Debit Cards.
What is the Merchant Service Agreement (MSA)?
It is a mutually signed document that defines the responsibilities of merchants and the bank detailing all elements in relation to the POS service being offered.
What is POS reconciliation?
Merchants perform the reconciliation activity to ultimately deposit the payments processed during the day into their bank accounts. This process is ideally performed daily when the sales cycle is done.
Who are the Merchant Service Providers (MSPs)?
A merchant service provider (MSP) is a 3rd party agent assigned by the merchants’ banks in accordance to SAMA procedures to provide a full suite of merchant services and support within the context of POS installation and on-going maintenance.
Does the bank have a right to charge merchants for the POS service?
POS service has been offered by banks with specific fees. After all, this fees is subject to the commercial contract signed by both sides. The fees interchange model was recalculated to be in line with global best practices. As a result, acquiring banks are permitted to levy a maximum of 0.80% of purchase value for each transaction up to an Merchant Service Charge (MSC) of SAR 40 (maximum) applies.
What are the value benefits that merchants are entitled to by banks whom provide POS service?
- Exemption from installation fees.
- Exemption from terminal fees.
- Exemption from monthly fees.
- Provision of maintenance and help desk around the clock.
How is the Merchant Service Charge MSC calculated –if applicable- ?
MSC is calculated (if applicable) on the basis of the transaction value, For example:
- Example (1): if a customer (cardholder) used his mada Debit Card from The Saudi Investment Bank to pay for goods worth SR 35, then the merchant may be entitled to pay his bank an amount of SR 0.28 only for the service. Customer won’t pay any other fees for using his card to pay.
- Example (2): if a customer (cardholder) used his mada Debit Card from The Saudi Investment Bank to pay for goods worth SR 20,000, then the merchant may be entitled to pay his bank an amount of SR 40 only for the service. Customer won’t pay any other fees for using his card to pay.
Does the outlet have the right to levy merchant charges (surcharge) on the cardholder when pay through POS ?
No. It is illegal practice and in case occurred then it is a violation of the applicable rules and policies that entail the merchant to its consequences.